Joe Riccio is from Thousand Oaks, California, and has resided in Las Vegas since 2007. Joe graduated from the University of North Dakota School of Law in 2007 and has been a member of the State Bar of Nevada since 2008. Since being admitted to the Nevada bar, Joe has primarily practiced in the areas of family law and criminal law. Joe also serves as a Hearing Master for the Eighth Judicial District Family Division, in Discovery Court. Joe has enjoyed mentoring law students from the William S. Boyd School of Law for Partners in Pro Bono since 2010. In 2014 and 2015, he received honors from the National Academy Of Family Law Attorneys and American Institute of Family Law Attorneys. Joe was also rated one of Las Vegas’ Top Lawyers by the Desert Companion Magazine in 2014.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Out of State/Intra-State Relocation
- Termination of Parental Rights
- Juvenile Law
- Domestic Violence
- Temporary Protective Orders
- Criminal Defense
- Legal Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Juris Doctorate – | May 2007 | University of North Dakota
- Member of UND Law Clinic
- Law Clerk for District Attorney Grand Forks County, IV-D Child Support Division 2005-2007
- Bachelors of Arts – History | May 2003 | University of North Dakota
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Competed in Collegiate Athletics
- Politiclal Science Minor | May 2003 | University of North Dakota
Honors and Awards
- Mentor to Law Student from the William S. Boyd School of Law 2010-2015.
- Top 10 Attorney Award, under the age of 40 by National Academy of Family Law Attorneys 2014-2016.
- Under 40 Client Satisfaction Award from American Institute of Family Law Attorneys 2014-2015.
- Voted Top Lawyers of Southern Nevada 2014 by Desert Companion Magazine 2014.
- A/V Rated by Martindale-Hubbell 2017
- United States District Court for the District of Nevada July 28, 2008.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit 2008.
Memberships & Organizations
- NV Counsel on Prevention of Domestic Violence
- Committee 2014 – Present
- Nevada State Bar
- Attorney 2008 – Present
- Clark County Bar Association
- Member 2008 – Present
- Pro Tem Hearing Master Discovery Court
- Hearing Master 2014-2016
- Family Law Conference at Ely
- Domestic Violence: A New View – 2015
- Awareness of Domestic Violence; Issuance of TPOs
- Domestic Violence – 2014